Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Uncalled for comments!

***This posting was originally wrote on 12/18/2009 I just needed to get this off of my chest and by me publishing it I feel that it will help me do that.  This IS a blog on venting so you do not have to read it (the choice is yours).***


Don't you hate it when people around you tell you to 'just relax' and it will happen?  Or stop reading all the books, quit charting, quit doing the ovulation tests, when it's your time to have a baby it will happen?  Do you need a surrogate, if so I can be one for you?  Here's another one:  you replaced having a baby with getting a dog?

These are the questions that I hear many times in my life, some come from family and some come from acquaintances.  I am getting sick and tired of people around me thinking that I am the reason why I am not getting pregnant and they feel that they have to put their two-cents in , what gives them the right to try to tell me how to live my life?!  To top it off I got a rude and uncalled for comment from a family member yesterday it is so rude that I am going to share it with you:

"oh, you got a dog because you haven't gotten pregnant yet? What you two are not trying anymore?"


WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT?!?!?!  I mean come one people think before you speak!  Seriously!!!  Oh, and that isn't all she had the nerve to say it in front of my husband, which REALLY (beeped) me off!  I kindly (which was hard BTW) responded:

"No, we have had Petty (my dog) since 2004 when he was born.  He is NOT a replacement for not having a baby, he is part of our family and we consider him a child to us.  That does not mean that I have given up trying to have a baby."


I have to apologize ahead of time because this posting might get a little ugly, while writing this I am getting filled with the anger I had yesterday.  Sorry.

Here is my take on this and my beliefs:

1.  This person should of kept their mouth shut!  They have not been part of my life and never made a point to   be.

2.  I do not appreciate people around me coming to conclusions about my life and my golas.

3.  Unless a person is a part of the conceiving part, they have NO SAY in what I choose to do to get to my goal.

4.  This person has not made it a point to be in my life nor has cared to be.  So I don't see why its any of their business what I am doing.

5.  People like this need to be punched in the face!

6.  People like this need to keep their mouth shut!

7.  People like this needs to stay out of my life!  Because next time (family or not) I WILL set the record straight!

Granted that these are only a few points I wanted to make, I think I got my point across.  I feel a little better now and I think that by letting this off my chest I can breath.  Sorry if this post made you uncomfortable, but I just really need to vent.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Womb With A Story said...

I know how you feel. People say stuff to me all the time. Most the time I try to ignore it because they have NO idea what Infertility is like, but sometimes..they say something so mind blowing, I just flip out on them, haha! People really need to shut their mouths at stuff they have NO damn clue about!!!

Holly said...

vent away! It's important to get stuff like that off your chest and purge the poisonous crap people spew at you! sorry you had to endure such thoughtlessness

ttc4toolong said...

thanks you two. i just really needed to get it off my chest. I have when ppl are so ignorant.

About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to a miracle baby. We went through three miscarriages and eight years of trying to conceive, before our daughter was born. We have had our faith tested many times, but it made our love for each other grow stronger. Follow us on our journey as new parents, and hopefully one day our journey to extending our family. Look for us on YouTube: (http://www.youtube.com/LYDISANC21).

Layout