Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How long is too long...

Looking back at my last post, I come to realize that I have been a slacker at posting our updates. So much has happened since my last post.

Where do I begin, hmmmm.... Okay so the last time I posted anything I was on a new cycle and holding on to faith that 2011 would be our year to get pregnant. I finally made an appointment with Dr Cassidy (a new doctor that I met through Cindy from work), it was set for March. Little did I know that Dr Cassidy had a huge plan for us, at our first appointment we went over our history, plans for the cycles to come, and treatments. Dr Cassidy wasted no time in prescribing Clomid and ordering a Semen Analysis on Manny. His results came back great! We are proud of his little soldiers! LOL During the first cycle of Clomid I had blood work done to check my Progesterone levels (to see if I ovulated), scans done to see how big the Follicles were, and verifying the Cycle Day I was on. The first cycle did not result in a pregnancy, so on to the next cycle...

My second cycle of Clomid Dr Cassidy preformed an HSG on me to check if my tubes where blocked and for any abnormalities. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck all the days leading up to the procedure. I cried over the fear of being told that something was wrong and lost sleep over worrying about being told that we will not be able to have children. I prayed so hard for great results and prayed over my husband for the strength for what was to come of the HSG. April 19th was the BIG day, on the way to the procedure we prayed the rosary asking to please finally have answers and a great outcome, I will admit on the way there I shed a few tears knowing that our lives would change forever. When we got there I took a pregnancy test and once it came back negative we went on to the procedure. My heart was racing and my mind was going a million miles per hour, I even wanted to run away in fear of bad news. Too late! Dr Cassidy came in and explained everything to us and even gave us hope that we would be able to conceive soon after the procedure. I love Dr Cassidy, he is the first and only doctor that has ever explained every single thing to us as he was doing it. Before he started anything he had  Manny stand by me and hold my hand, and we started... Within seconds the dye was injected in my cervix and we seen that everything was perfect! NO BLOCKAGE NO ABNORMALITIES!!! THANKS BE TO GOD!!! I even teared up again, finally after 7yrs of trying we got the answers we have longed to hear for MANY years!!! After all said and done with this cycle it did not end in a pregnancy, so on to the next cycle....

Third cycle of Clomid...WOW I didn't see that one coming! Still holding on to prayer and faith we knew that 2011 was our year! On this cycle I went in for blood work as I have been doing the cycles before, when I seen Dr Cassidy at work the following day he told me that my results weren't in yet, that once they were in he would call me. Once I was in the car on the way home I prayed so hard for great results. Later that day Dr Cassidy called my cell phone to let me know that my results still  weren't in and that he should have them in the morning. The next day I seen him (later than usual) he ordered his cappuccino and classic coffee cake, once he came to the window to pay he told me that he received the results and that they were GREAT! My progesterone was very high and that I indeed ovulated! I thanked him and God for the great news! Once I got home I told Manny the news and he was excited! Now the wait was on and we would have never planned for what was to come. On May 1st I was home alone waiting for Manny to get home from work when I thought I heard someone jump in the shower, didn't think anything of it I just figured it was Manny and I would just wait for him to get out so we could head to bed. After 15 minutes my heart started racing and I thought to myself, "Manny would be out of the shower by now asking for clean clothes." So I picked up my cell phone and called him, nothing! No answer, no ringing in the apartment, panicking I called his work and he answered asked what was wrong, I told him I think there is someone in the shower and thought it was him. While staying on the phone with him I walked towards the kitchen and the water sounded louder, I started seeing water coming from the ceiling and the door frame. I told Manny that our apartment was flooding, apparently the people in the upstairs apartment left the water running in their bathroom when they left (which was 6hrs before this all happened), I told Manny I was calling 911 because I started seeing sparks coming from the outlets. I hung up with him called 911 and asked for the Fire Department to be sent out I then called the landlord and property manager and left messages. Manny rushed home and I quickly grabbed the dogs and ran out the house! My mom came over just in time when the police and fire department came, the property manager came out as well. The fire department went in the basement to cut the power off in the kitchen and dinning room, Manny and I grabbed our clothes and stayed at my parents house for the night. I didn't go to work the next day, I had to go back to the house and pack our kitchen and move everything out of the house. It was a true blessing in disguise, because our neighbor from upstairs is a registered sex offender and the flooding was the last straw. We got out of our contract and moved in at my parents house. On June 11th at MIDNIGHT when my cycle didn't start I took a pregnancy test and within seconds I was calling Manny in the bathroom to ask if he could see what I was seeing....


He and I both agreed that i needed to take another one, so after work later that day I out and bought a digital pregnancy test and took it... What came next, little did I know how much our lives would change...


YES! We are pregnant!! As of today I am 22 weeks and 5 days pregnant with a GIRL!!! FINALLY after 7 of the longest and challenging years of our lives our prayers were answered!!! THANKS BE TO GOD!!!


This is our Princess on August 8th 2011!

I have so much to catch up on! So many posts to come on our little one...

Until then God bless!


Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

mommomish said...

Congratulations what a great update!

Demetrius' mommy. said...

I'm in tears , congratulations!
I am so , so sooooo happy for you
!!

Maria said...

Congratulations!!! What a great post for my first one! I look forward to following your journey with your daughter!

Blue Moon Girl said...

Just finally seeing this! Congratulations!!! That's AWESOME!!! (About the baby, I'm sure the flooding wasn't so fabulous)

About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to a miracle baby. We went through three miscarriages and eight years of trying to conceive, before our daughter was born. We have had our faith tested many times, but it made our love for each other grow stronger. Follow us on our journey as new parents, and hopefully one day our journey to extending our family. Look for us on YouTube: (http://www.youtube.com/LYDISANC21).

Layout